A part of the Cahar Dham pilgrimage, Rameswaram has a very spiritual significance. Along with Varanasi, Rameswaram is considered to be sacred according to Hinduism. It is situated at the tail of the country and is connected to the mainland of India by Pamabn Bridge. Ramanathaswamy temple in Rameswaram is located where Lord Rama built a bridge to go across to Lanka in order to rescue his wife Sita from the clutches of the evil Ravana. There is a beautiful view of the sea at a distance from here. You will also visit the National Memorial for the late President of India, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam here. At Kanyakumari, the boat ride to Vivekananda rock and Tiruvallur statue is simple along the blue waters. Kanyakumari is known all over for its beauty with its unique sunrises and sunsets. As it is almost completely surrounded by waters, watch the sunset and the moon rise at the same time on a ‘Chitra Pournami’. Pay homage to the shrine of Sri Sthanumalaya, the trinity of God where the lings are in 2 parts Sthanu, Mal and Ayan as appeared to sage ‘Atri’. This is a beautiful sculpture with inscriptions engraved in it the 9th century. With this package find yourself at inner peace after visiting these two spiritual places
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in the mentioned star hotels
- Meal Plan as mentioned
- Service of an experienced driver. [from 8 AM to 8 PM]
- A/c vehicle at disposal for the entire trip. Make of vehicle is mentioned.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Flight / Bus / Train Fare
- Meals other than mentioned / included in the package
- Sightseeing places entry fee, Camera Fee, Boating charges
- All personal expenses & gratitudes to the driver & other service providers.
- Other things not mentioned in the inclusion list.
- A part of the Char Dham, Rameswaram
- Gandharmdahana Parvatham marble footprint of Lord Rama
- Sacred Ramanathaswamy temple
- Memorial of late president f India, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam
- Photography at Pamban bridge
- Suchindrum temple
Day 01: Rameswaram
- Arrive Rameswaram by Bus or Train.
- On Arrival Met & greet by our driver & Transfer to the hotel. (Standard Check in time is 12.00 Noon)
- Rameswaram, is located on Pamban Island separated from mainland India by the Pamban channel and is about 50 kilometers from Mannar Island, Sri Lanka. It is situated in the Gulf of Mannar, at the very tip of the Indian peninsula. Pamban Island, also known as Rameswaram Island, is connected to mainland India by the Pamban Bridge.
- Together with Varanasi, it is considered to be one of the holiest places in India to Hindus, and part of the Char Dham pilgrimage.
- Fresh & up and visit Dhanuskodi (32kms/45mins) - visit the Ram sethu. On the way back visit Kothanda Ramar Temple
- Also visit Ramar Patham (Gandhamdhana Parvatham) - marble foot print of Lord Rama.
- Lunch in a local restuarant.
- Agnitheertham - sacred stretch of shallow sea, it ie beleived that lord Rama made this to quenched the thirst of Sita by dipping the bow in the sea water.
- Later visit Ramanathaswamy Temple for Darshan. According to Hindu mythology, this is the place from where the Hindu god Rama built a bridge, across the sea to Lanka to rescue his wife Sita from her abductor Ravana. The Ramanathaswamy Temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva is located at the centre of the town and is closely associated with Rama.
- The temple along with the town is considered a holy pilgrimage site for both Shaivites and Vaishnavites. Before visiting the temple, take a holy dip in the sacred sea followed by holy bath at 21 sacred well inside the temple complex.
- Overnight @ Rameswaram
Meal Plan: Room Only
Day 02: Rameswaram - Kanyakumari
- Early in the morning by 04.30 AM visit the temple for the Special Spadigalinga Darshan (optional).
- After breakfast, checkout from the hotel & drive to Kanyakumari (310kms/6hrs).
- Before leaving Rameswaram visit National Memorial for Late APJ Abdul Kalam - Former President of India
- Stop @ Pamban Bridge for a Photo Stop. Later continue your drive to Kanyakumari
- Kanyakumari- was named so after goddess Parvathi, in one of her incarnations as Devi kanniya, did penance on one of the rocks in this beautiful land of greenery and blue waters, to
- obtain the hand of Lord Shiva.
- Visit to Vivekanda Rock & thiruvalluvar Statue by boat.
- In the evening visit Kumariamman Temple & Gandhi Mandapam.
- Witness the sunset from the beach.
- Comfortable overnight stay @ Kanyakumari
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Day 03: Kanyakumari Sightseeing & Drop
- Early Morning, witness the Sunrise from the Thriveni Sangamam.
- Later visit Suchindrum Temple - situated 13 km from Kanyakumari and is an important pilgrim centre. Suchindrum known as Gnanaranya, is well known for its sculptural wealth. It is one of the few temples in the country where the Trinity, Brahma, Vishnu and Ishvara, are worshipped.
- The temple enshrines Sri Sthanumalaya, the Trinity of God (Siva, Vishnu and Brahma). The linga is in three parts. The top represents "Sthanu" name of Siva,the middle "Mal" name of Vishnu, and the base "Ayan" name of Brahma. It is believed that the Trinity appeared here at the request of a sage, Atri, and his wife,Anusaya. Images of Vigneswari (a feminine form of Vinayaka), Goddess Aram Valartha Nayaki, Indra Vinayaka, Kala Bhairava and Saakahi Ganapathy are also enshrined. Inscriptions said to be of the 9th century are found in this temple.
- Suchindrum known as Gnanaranya, is well known for its sculptural wealth. The 134-foot-tall gopuram beacons the pilgrims from a long distance. On the eastern corridor is the shrine of Guru Dakshinamurthi next to Konnayadi.
- The Navagrahas are engraved on the ceiling.
- On the outer prakaram, there are separate shrines for Cheravasal Sastha, Rama and Lord Muruga. There is an imposing monolithic image of Lord Anjaneya opposite to Lord Rama's Shrine. It is about 5.5 m high and is said to represent the Viswarupa of Hanuman as shown to Sita at Ashoka Vana in Lanka. On the northern corridor, there are four musical pillars cut out of single granite blocks.
- In the evening drop at Railway Station or Kanyakumari Bus Stand.
Meal Plan: Breakfast
|Rameswaram||Hotel MCM Towers|
|Kanyakumari||Hotel Ocean Heritage|
No of Rooms for No of Pax
|Single / Double Room||Triple Bedded Room||Four Bed Room||01 DBL & 01 Triple||02 Triple Bedded Room