The south Indian state of Tamil Nadu is well known for its unique culture which is different than that of the north. It has its very own Dravidian style of architecture and is also home to the earliest recorded civilization. Many Hindu pilgrimage sites too are located here. In this package that we have put together, embark on a spiritual adventure and find inner peace. As you travel to Madras you will see that there is a combination of both modern as well as Tamil Hindu traditions in the culture. Visit the richest god in the world, Lord Balaji and have a Darshan there. The beautiful view, cleanliness and stunning curvy roads will make you feel positive and fresh. Stop over at the Sri Aurobindo Ashram, a spiritual community located at Pondicherry. Also visit Kailasanatha, Ekambareswarar and Kanchi temples. Visit the universal town, Auroville where men and women of all countries and creeds are able to live in love and harmony. Also enjoy the breeze as you gaze at the ocean while driving past the second longest beach in the world, Marina beach.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels - 03 DBL rooms with 02 Extra Mattresses
- 6 Breakfast during the stay in the mentioned hotels
- Transfers & Sightseeing as per the itinerary using AC Tempo Traveller (10/12 Seater).
- Vehicle cost based on present today's fuel rate of Diesel. Rate will increase based on the prevailing rates on the tour date.
- All govt Taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air fare, Train Fare & Bus Fare Charges
- Lunch, Dinner, tea/coffee & Snacks
- Sightseeing places entry fee, Camera Fee, Boating charges
- All personal expenses
- Other things not mentioned in the inclusion list
- Visit San Thomas Church
- Drive past marina beach
- Tirumala Balaji Darshan
- Visit Auroville
- Street shopping at Pondicherry
- Visit Manakula Vijayanagar Temple and Aurobindo Ashram
Day 1 : Chennai
- Arrival in Chennai: Company driver / representative will meet you & transfer to the Hotel.
- The city of Chennai, formerly known as Madras, grew up around the fort area. It now serves as the capital of Tamil Nadu and is the fourth largest city in India, with over six million inhabitants. It sprawls over a large area yet, in spite of recent industrial growth, seems less congested than other large Indian cities. Its role as a trade Centre is furthered by rail, road, and air connections in addition to its seaport. It presents both modern and traditional charm, its many British influences juxtaposed with Tamil-Hindu traditions.
- You will be met upon arrival in Chennai and transferred to the hotel for check-in.
- [Note: Check in time is 1400 Hrs. We will place a request for early check-in and our endeavour is do our best to secure it, however, you will appreciate the same will be subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed]
- Your travel documents will be issued on arrival and will be given to you at an appropriate time.
- Rest of the day is at leisure. or you can explore the vibrant city - You will proceed to Mylapore, which was inhabited in the 16th century by the Portuguese where you will visit San Thomas Church, named for the Christian disciple (“Doubting Thomas”) who lived and taught here in the first century.
- Also visit Kapaleshwar Temple, honoring Shiva, dates back to the 13th century AD and is the biggest temple in Chennai.
- You will also drive past the Marina Beach, the second longest in the world, stretching for several miles. Vivekananda House [closed on Wednesdays], also known as Ice House, is a shrine and target of pilgrimage for the admirers of Swami Vivekananda. It is in this house that Swami Vivekananda stayed for six weeks in 1900. Built way back in 1877 or much earlier, the two-story house is a masterpiece of Victorian architecture with its characteristic designs of sunburst and gabled roof.
- The bedroom where Vivekananda stayed, lived and slept is now a safe haven for meditation. Devotees can stroll through the kitchen where he cooked his simple food, the parlor where he spoke and the garden where he frequently played with the children.
- Overnight at Chennai
Day 2 : Chennai - Tirupati (160kms/3.5hrs)
- Post breakfast, drive to Tirupati.
- On Arrival checkin to the hotel.
- Later drive to Tirumala - have Balaji Darshan.
- Later if time permits visit Agasaganga & Papavinasam.
- Overnight @ Tirupati
Day 3 : Chennai - Vellore - Kanchipuram - Mahabalipuram
- Post breakfast, checkout from the hotel & drive to Vellore (115kms/2.5hrs). Visit Golden Lotus Temple.
- Later drive to Kanchipuram (65kms/1.5hrs).
- Visit to Kailasanathar Temple, Ekambareswarar Temple & Kanchi Temples.
- Later drive to Mahabalipuram (75kms/2hrs).
- On Arrival checkin to the hotel.
- Overnight at Mahabalipuram.
Day 4 : Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry
- Post breakfast, checkout from the hotel & visit Arjuna Penache, Five Rathas, Sea Shore Temples.
- Drive to Pondicherry (110kms/2hrs).
- Enroute visit Auroville - the global village dreamed by beloved mother.
- On Arrival Check in to the hotel.
- Evening at Leisure in the beach front.
- Overnight @ Pondicherry
Day 5 : Pondicherry Sightseeing
- Post breakfast, explore Pondicherry
- Visit Manakula Vinayagar Temple & Aurobindo Ashram.
- Later in the day spend some time in Nehru Street - shopping street at Pondicherry.
- Evening stroll along the beach front.
- Overnight @ Pondicherry.
Day 6 : Pondicherry - Chennai
- After leisure breakfast, checkout form the hotel & drive to Chennai.
- Later in the day visit Kapaleeswar Temple, Santhome Cathedral & Marina Beach.
- Overnight @ Chennai.
Day 7 : Chennai - Drop
- Post breakfast, visit T.Nagar - shopping paradise of Chennai. Indulge yourself in shopping.
- Later transfer to Chennai Airport/Railway Station & drop.
Package Payment Policy :
- 50% of the package cost to be paid in Advance to guarantee the rooms & vehicle.
- Balance 50% should be paid 15 days before the arrival date.
Package Cancellation Policy :
- Before 30 day from the tour date - 95% refund
- Before 15 days from the tour date - 50% refund
- Within 7 days from the tour date - No refund