Go sightseeing at some of the most spiritual temples at Madurai and Rameswaram. Attain a great wealth of knowledge about the Dravidian style of architecture by looking at the magnificent sculptures that are built here. Visit the energetic and ancient city of Madurai which has history that dates back to the 6th century BC. This is a famous temple town as well as a major industrial city. At the birthplace of the late President of India, Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam, Rameswaram, you will visit a memorial in his honour. You will also visit the temple here that was built where Lord Rama constructed a bridge to go across to Lanka inorder to rescue Sita from Ravana. Enjoy the view of the sea from the temple and have a holy bath at the 21 sacred well after having a dip at the sacred sea. Also enjoy the sunset by the seashore along with the fresh air that blows in your hair. Visit the marble foot print of Lord Rama too on your way to Madurai.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels
- Meal Plan as mentioned
- Transfers & Sightseeing as per the itinerary using with Experienced Driver (From 8 AM to 8 PM)
- Maximum Coverage 550kms (Garage to Garage).
- GST Included.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Airfare / Train & Bus Fares
- Any kind of personal expenses, extra meals, starters & Drinks(Alcoholic, Mineral, Aerated etc)
- Tips, Insurance, Laundry, Phone Calls, Guide Fee & Camera Fee
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions above
- Visit the nectar city, Madurai
- Famous Meenakshi temple and Trumalai Nayak palace
- Late president of India, Mr. A P J Abdul Kalam memorial
- Click photos at Pamban bridge
- Dip in the sacred 21 well
- Sunset at Rameswaram
Day 1 : Madurai - Sightseeing
- Arrive Madurai Airport. On Arrival Meet & greet by our driver and transfer to the hotel.
- Madurai is situated on the banks of the river Vaigai. Madurais history goes back to the 6th century B.C., when it traded with Greece and Rome. According to legend, drops of nectar fell from Lord Shivas locks on this site so it was named `Madhuram, Madurai or nectar city. Famous as a temple town, Madurai is also a major industrial city.
- The town has developed encircling the famous Meenakashi temple built in the Dravidian style - one for Lord Shiva and the other for his spouse Meenakashi. The temple offers lovely aleidoscopic views. Outside are the musical pillars which produce different `swaras or notes when tapped.
- Later Visit Meenakshi Temple & Thirumalai Nayak palace & Koodal Alagar Temple.
- Overnight @ Madurai.
Day 2 : Madurai - Rameswaram
- Post breakfast, drive to Rameswaram (175kms/3.5hrs).
- Rameswaram, is located on Pamban Island separated from mainland India by the Pamban channel and is about 50 kilometers from Mannar Island, Sri Lanka. It is situated in the Gulf of Mannar, at the very tip of the Indian peninsula. Pamban Island, also known as Rameswaram Island, is connected to mainland India by the Pamban Bridge. Together with Varanasi, it is considered to be one of the holiest places in India to Hindus, and part of the Char Dham pilgrimage.
- Before reaching hotel stop at Late President of India Mr APJ Abdul Kalam's memorial & visit.
- On Arrival Checkin to the hotel.
- Fresh & up and visit Dhanuskodi (32kms/45mins) - visit the Ram sethu & Kothanda Ramar Temple.
- Later in the evening visit Ramanathaswamy Temple for Darshan. According to Hindu mythology, this is the place from where the Hindu god Rama built a bridge, across the sea to Lanka to rescue his wife Sita from her abductor Ravana. The Ramanathaswamy Temple dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva is located at the centre of the town and is closely associated with Rama. The temple along with the town is considered a holy pilgrimage site for both Shaivites and Vaishnavites. Before visiting the temple, take a holy dip in the sacred sea followed by holy bath at 21 sacred well inside the temple complex.
- Overnight @ Rameswaram
Day 3 : Rameswaram - Madurai
- Early in the morning by 04.30 AM visit the temple for the Special Spadigalinga Darshan.
- After breakfast, checkout from the hotel.Visit Ramar Patham (Gandhamdhana Parvatham) - marble foot print of Lord Rama & Panchamuga Anjaneya Temple.
- Later departure to Madurai.Stop @ Pamban Bridge for photo stop.
- Continue your drive to Madurai & Drop @ Railway Station or Airport.