Madurai is an ancient city that is situated in the South state Tamil Nadu, India. It is the earliest recorded civilization and there is evidence that there was human settlement here dating back to 300 BC. The town is built around the Meenakshi Temple. It is well known for various reasons one of them being the historical monuments like the Meenakshi Amman Temple and Tirumalai Nayak Palace. Madurai has also contributed a lot to Indian literature with its rich and abundant literary tradition. On your visit here admire the Dravidian style of architecture as you pay pilgrimage to Meenakshi temple. The pillars outside the temple are erected so cleverly that they one can hear different notes when touching them. Other temples that can be visited here are Alagarkoi, Tiruparanjundraml and Palzhanuthircholai. Thirumalai Nayak palace is known as the living palace of the Nayak Kings, it was built in the 17th century and is a beautiful construction with several pillars and domes around. With only a fourth portion of this marvel surviving the beauty that it must have been before its destruction can only be left to the imagination.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotels - 01 DBL Room
- 01 Breakfast during the stay
- Transfers & Sightseeing as per the itinerary using AC Tata Indica
- Maximum Coverage of 175kms. Additional usage @ R10/km
- All govt Taxes
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air fare, Train Fare & Bus Fare Charges
- Lunch, Dinner, tea/coffee & Snacks
- Sightseeing places entry fee, Camera Fee, Boating charges
- All personal expenses
- Other things not mentioned in the inclusion list
- Visit Meenakshi Temple
- Thirumalai Nayak Palace
- Shopping around Meenakshi Amman temple
- Dravidian style architecture
Day 1 : Madurai
- Arrive Madurai Airport / Railway Station. On Arrival Met & greet by the driver and transfer to the hotel.
- Madurai is situated on the banks of the river Vaigai. Madurais history goes back to the 6th century B.C., when it traded with Greece and Rome. According to legend, drops of nectar fell from Lord Shiva's locks on this site so it was named Madhuram, Madurai or nectar city. Famous as a temple town, Madurai is also a major industrial city.
- The town has developed encircling the famous Meenakashi temple built in the Dravidian style -one for Lord Shiva and the other for his spouse Meenakashi. The temple offers lovely aleidoscopic views. Outside are the musical pillars which produce different `swaras' or notes when tapped.
- Post breakfast, Visit Alagarkoil & Palzhamuthircholai temples.
- Post lunch visit to Thirumalai Nayak Palace & Tiruparanjundram Murugan Temple.
- Overnight @ Madurai.
Day 2 : Madurai Sightseeing & Drop
- Morning visit to Meenakshi Amman Temple. Post Darshan have breakfast at the hotel.
- Check out from the hotel & later visit to Tirumogur Kalamega Perumal Temple & Yanaimalai Narasimhar Temple.
- Later do little shopping in & around Meenakshi Amman temple.
- In the evening drop at Railway Station.
Package Payment Policy :
- 50% of the package cost in Advance to guarantee the rooms & vehicle.
- Balance 50% should be paid on arrival at Madurai.
Package Cancellation Policy :
- Before 30 day from the tour date - 95% refund
- Before 15 days from the tour date - 50% refund
- Within 7 days from the tour date - No refund