The ancient and energetic city of Madurai is situated in the southernmost state of India, Tamil Nadu. Built around the Meenakhi Amman temple, it is said to have human settlement from as early as 300 BC making it one of the longest inhabited city in the world. The Meenakshi Amman temple and the Tirumala Nayak palace are among the most popular historical monuments here. It is also rich in literature and also has made a lot of literary contributions to Indian literature. On your walk at this marvelous city you will get a more personal feel of its culture and history. As you come across the local hardworking people getting about their routine day, you will see that along with a modern lifestyle there is still some touch with traditions as the day is begun with drawing a kolangal at the doorstep of every house. You will also witness the entire process that milk goes through right from the cow to your cup. The produce here is as fresh as they come as this is the beginning point from where the fruits are delivered to the rest of the city. Savor on the local breakfast snacks that are fresh from the pans and walk past the magnificent 10 pillars near Tirumalai Nayak Palace.
What is included in the tour
English Speaking Guide
Snakes / Coffee, Banana or Tender Coconut if you're tired & want a break
What is NOT included in the tour
There things not mentioned in the inclusion list
- Visit local cowsheds
- Fresh fruit bazaar
- Visit Gopuram Roya-gopuram and 7 kadal
- Local breakfast snacks
- Interact with locals
- Observe the temple chariot
- Traditionsal tamilian filter coffee
- @ 06.00 AM every day the Walk starts from one of the By-lane near to Meenakshi Temple. The Guide will give a short brief about the Walk before you start walking.
- The first stop in the walk is in a Cow shed - witness yourself how they are Milking the cow for the fresh Morning Coffee/ Tea.
- Continue your walk by watching Drawings in the floor in front of every house - its simbolically says welcome to everyone to the house. Also the drawing is made of rice flour which feeds the Aunts & other small insects & birds.
- Make a stop near a local shop where the prepare hot Pakoda's & Vada's - a popular snack in India.
- Later Walk through local Fruit Market, where the truck's are unloading the fresh supplies to the city, continue through the Banana Market. Taste one amount the many varieties of Banana.
- See the unfinished Gopuram - Roya Gopuram near Meenakshi Temple & later visit 7 Kadal (7 seas)
- See yourself the magnificent Temple Car, which is taken out once in a year during the celestial wedding of Goddess Meenakshi & Lord Sundareswarar.
- At the end of the trip, visit 10 Magnificent Pillars standing alone in one of the by lanes near to Tirumalai Nayak Palace. & conclude your walk with Hot cup of Filter Coffee.