Some of the most exotic hill stations are located at the southernmost part of the country. These Hill stations are known for their serene beauty which consists of beautiful plush greenery and Ghats that go beyond as far as the eye can see. Kodaikanal is known as “the gift of the forest” and rightly so this beautiful hill town has a lot to offer with its beautiful valleys, lakes and rivers this place is just a heavenly sight that everyone who visits marvels upon. The places to visit here are Bryant Park which houses a variety of flowers. If you visit in the month of May then you will have the privilege of witnessing the vegetable and flower show, Coakers walk, Devil’s Kitchen, Green Valley View and Kurinji temple are among the other places that will be visited here.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in the mentioned hotel - Non Aircondition DBL Room
- Meal Plan as mentioned
- Transfers & Sightseeing as per the itinerary with experienced driver from 08 AM to 08 PM.
- Maximum Coverage from garage to Garage - 350kms.
- Air Condition will be ON only while travelling in the plains, Air Condition will be switched off while in the Hills.
- Air Condition will be Switched off while the vehicle is in IDLE
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air / Train Fare
- Lunch, Dinner, tea/coffee & Snacks
- Sightseeing places entry fee, Camera Fee, Boating charges
- All personal expenses
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Other things not mentioned in the inclusion list
- Visit Bryant Park, Coaker's walk, Devil’s Kitchen, Green Valley View, Pillar Rocks, Kurinji Temple
- Boat Ride at Kodai Lake
Day 1 : Madurai - Kodaikanal (125kms/3.5hrs)
- Arrive Madurai Airport / Railway Station, met & greet by our driver.
- Later drive to Kodaikanal.
- Enroute we visit the first attraction that unfolds in front of a tourist on the Madurai – Kodaikanal road.
- The excess water in the Kodai Lake comes down as a fall at about 8 kms from Kodaikanal. It is
like a pit stop for vehicles and tourists as there are shops selling fruits and other forest products.
- Continue your journey uphill to Kodaikanal.
- On Arrival Check in to the Hotel & Relax.
- Evening visit Bryant Park near Kodai lake.
- Overnight Stay @ Kodaikanal
Meal Plan: Room Only
Day 2 : Kodaikanal Sightseeing
- After Leisure Breakfast, Explore Kodaikanal at your own pace.
- Sightseeing places @ Kodaikanal
- Bryant Park - Bryant Park, seen on the lakes eastern side, is another important botanical park that must not be missed by tourists visiting Kodaikanal as it houses plenty of different varieties of flowers, rafts as well as hybrids. A British forest officer by the name Bryant was the one who landscaped this park in the year 1980 and hence it is named after him. This is the place where the annual vegetable and flower show is held during the month of May and is the most visited place by many during the summer months. A glasshouse in the park contains wide varieties of flowers, ferns and other ornamental plants.
- Coakers Walk - Any tourist interested in morning walk will definitely have to visit Coakers walk which is about 1 km from the lake and it provides very picturesque view of the plains as well as scenic valleys that is sure to bring a joy in the minds of the visitors. Coakers walk is named after Lt. Coaker, who prepared the map of Kodaikanal. A telescopic view house is there at Coakers walk that will provide a panoramic view of the valley, plains and the nearby towns and should not be missed by the tourists visiting the place. The ideal time to visit this place is before 2:30 pm in the afternoon as mist will start to set in over the valleys by late afternoons.
- Devil'S Kitchen - Devils Kitchen is a very dangerous deep hidden ravine that looks like small dark gutters but are actually a deep fall. There are plenty of tourists who visit this place and is a must see spot for adventurous tourists. The Devils Kitchen is found to be lying between Green Valley View and Pillar Rock.
- Green Valley View - Earlier known as Suicide point, now this area is known as Green Valley View and it provides a picturesque and panoramic view of the plains, valleys, hills and the Vaigai dam. The deep, dense and dangerous valley below this point is more than 5000 feet drop and to get a good view from this point, it is better to visit the place after 10 am and before 3 pm, as early mornings and evenings will have mist covering the valleys. A tourist visiting Kodaikanal should definitely visit this viewpoint and plenty of monkeys seen in this area will be an added attraction for the children as well as the adults visiting this place. Pillar Rocks: The Pillar rocks are three granite boulders which are seen standing vertically shoulder to shoulder and it is now a very famous tourist spot for many visitors. These rocks are measuring a height of about 400 feet from the ground and the chambers that are seen between the two pillars are known as Devils Kitchen.
- Kurinji Temple: Kurinji Andavar Temple is dedicated to Lord Muruga who is considered to be the God of the Hills as per Tamil literature. In Tamil, Kurinji means “hilly region and the word Andavar refers to God This temple is located at about 5 km from the bus station and the summer festival that is most anticipated event by the locals is celebrated in the month of May every year. Thousands of devotees visit this temple during the summer festival to seek the blessings of Lord Muruga. One can get a good view of Vaigai dam and Palani hills from the hill on which the temple is located.
- In the evening visit, Kodaikanal Lake for Boating – a man made lake during British era. The lake is spread over 60 acres and surrounded by fine tarred road of 5 kms length, the maximum depth in 1962 was 11.5m but it is now about 9m due to siltation. The average depth is 3.0m. The boat club provides boats for hire. There are luxury boats also.
- Spend your time around the lake..
- Overnight in Kodaikanal
Meal Plan: Breakfast
Day 3 : Kodaikanal to Madurai transfer (125kms/3.5hrs)
- After Leisure Breakfast, Checkout from the hotel & departure to Madurai.
- If time permits, visit Meenakshi Amman Temple & Tirumalai Nayak Palace.
- Later drop at Madurai Airport / Railway Station.