There are a number of trekking stretches in the hill stations of Kerala that are deep in the forests, with untouched beauty. Embark on a journey with us in the gorgeous hill station of Munnar in which we will spend the day with nature and make the most of what she has to offer. Walk along the lush greenery and appreciate the freshness of the air around you which will awaken your soul. Take this opportunity to walk through the tea plantations that are spread on long distances. Also go on and trek along the mountain ridge from where you will get a captivating view of the surroundings full of mist, clouds and hills in the distance. Another major lure of Munnar waiting for you to explore are the spice gardens here of cardamom, cloves and coffee etc. enjoy the aromatic fragrance that fills the air and also enjoy a hearty meal made out of these fresh spices. Enjoy the wonder of nature at its best and take back wonderful memories of the tea and spice plantations as well as the beautiful view from the mountain tops.
What is included in the tour
- English Speaking Guide
- Refreshments & Bottled Water during trekking
What is NOT included in the tour
- Transport arrangements.
- Walk along the tea plantations
- Trekking on mountain ridges
- Lunch among the forestry
- Exotic spices like cardamom, coffee etc. at Nature Zone
- Pick up from the end point of the trek
About 3 kilometers towards Cochin (road) from Munnar, lies the starting point of Letchmi hills trek. The trek through the grasslands in ridge proves to be a treat to the eyes, with rocky mountain slope on one side and tea plantations with patches of Shola forest (patches of tropical montane forests). On a clear sunny day we could view Anaimudi (the highest peak in S. India) and the waters of Idukki Dam which is listed as the highest arch dams in Asia and 3rd tallest dam in India.
- Usually we start around 08.30hrs or 09.00hrs.
- The trek starts with tea plantations, which lasts about 30 to 40 minutes of walk.
- After reaching the top of the hill, rest of our trek will be through the mountain ridge which offers beautiful views around.
- We will have refreshment/picnic lunch at any suitable place during the trek.
- After the grassland is over, our trek will be through Nature Zone where we can see some of the exotic spices like Coffee, Cardamom, etc…Also its one of the best places to spot some endemic birds of Western Ghats.
- Will have another 40 minutes to 01 hour walk through tea plantations to finish the trek, highest point of this trek will be about 1950 meters MSL (approx)
- Our vehicle will be waiting at the finishing point at around 5 kilometre or 8 kilometre from Munnar towards Mankulam road (Depending on the duration we chose)
Package Payment Policy :
- 100% of the package cost in advance to guarantee the services.
Package Cancellation Policy :
- 30 days prior to check in date – No cancellation charges
- 30 days to 15 days prior to the check in date – 20% of total booked period
- Less than 15 days of arrival date – 100% of total billing for booked period
- Festive Days / Long Weekends / Peak Holiday Season booking cancellation - Non Refundable