Kerala is a tropical paradise also called “God’s own country” it lays along the Western Ghats. This is a well-known place for tourism that attracts people throughout the year. There are beaches, tea plantations, hill stations as well as wild life parks, temples and churches to visit here. The culture is so welcoming that you will never want to leave. As you embark on your journey, you will go through roads leading through mesmerizing views with greenery all around with lush forests and majestic waterfalls like the Athirapally Waterfall which will take your breath away. The environment here is so soothing that you will feel relaxed throughout the trip. With this package visit some of the famous attractions in this water bound state. Learn things like the history of tea production at the Tea Museum as well as come across some of the endangered species here like the Nilgiri Tahr. Have a relaxing stay at the houseboats that sail along the still waters that overlook he paddyfields at Alleppey which is also known as the Venice of the east. Also go to the beaches here which are amongst the most beautiful beaches in the word with their fine white sand and clear blue waters and the blue sky that contrasts the scene.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in double rooms on twin sharing basis.
- Meal plan as specified above.
- 20 hour house boating through the legendary backwaters of Kerala with all meals. (only if houseboat is part of the itinerary.)
- In hill stations non A/c Rooms will be provided in all seasons.
- Luxury taxes, GST
What is NOT included in the tour
- Air Fare/Train Fare & all entry fees at sightseeing spots
- Transport services
- Any additional meals other than mentioned in the inclusion
- Items of personal nature like portage, tips, laundry, telephone calls, mineral water etc.
- Optional Activities mentioned in the itinerary with an (*)
- Sightseeing at Athirapally Waterfall
- Visit Fort Kochi, Dutch Palace, Jewish Synagogue, St. Francis Church
- Tea plantation and museum at Munnar
- At the hill station visit Mattupetty Dam, Echo Point, Blossom International Park etc.
- Elephant ride in Thekkady
- Pilgrimage at Padmanabaswamy Temple
- Stay at Houseboat
Day 1 : Cochin (Arrival) - Athirappilly & Cochin Sightseeing
- On arrival at Kochi Airport you will meet our representative /Driver outside the Teminal.
- Later Driver to Athirappilly - is the land of rivers and forests and great waterfalls. The destination houses the largest waterfall in Kerala, the Athirapally waterfall, a major tourist
- attraction. This patch in Sholayar ranges so beautifully intertwined with lush green forest cover and sizzling silver cascades and located central to Cochin and River Nila(Bharathapuzha), is a treat for the eyes during the monsoon.
- Later drive back to Fort Kochi and you will transferred to your respective hotel. Check-in at the hotel, later proceed for sightseeing tour of cochin visiting to the famous Dutch Palace - built by the Portuguese in 1557 and subsequently renovated by the Dutch after 1663.
- The murals are perhaps the best in India. Jewish Synagogue - built in 1568 and the oldest Synagogue in the Commonwealth are at Mattancherry. St. Francis Church - built in 1510 and the oldest European church in India, Chinese Fishing Nets- introduced by the court of Kublai Khan in Fort Cochin.
- Overnight stay in Cochin.
Day 2 : Cochin - Munnar (160kms/4hrs)
- After leisure breakfast proceed to Munnar.
- Munnar is 1800 mts above sea level and also the home of South Indias highest peak (anamudi-2695 mts).
- On the way to Munnar visit Vaplara, Cheeyappara waterfalls and Tea Plantations.
- Upon arrival at Munnar transfer to Hotel. Check in at Hotel.
- Afternoon visit Rajamala (eravikulam National Park - open as per the directions by the forest authorities ), the best place to see Nilgiri Tahr (hermitragus Hilarious)- the mountain goat of South India.
- You may visit the Tea Museum surrounded by tea Gardens- the only Museum of its kind; which illustrates the timeworn method of Tea production.
- Evening have a short visit at Munnar town.
- Overnight stay at Munnar.
Day 3 : Munnar Sightseeing
- Take a very hearty breakfast at the hotel.
- Embark on very exciting sightseeing tour of Munnar, the most beautiful hill station of Kerala.
- Major attractions include Mattupetty Dam, Echo Point, View Point, Tea Gardens, Spice
- Plantations, Blossom International Park, Church, etc.
- On time get back to the hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
Day 4 : Munnar - Thekkady
- Today, proceed to Thekkady Periyar (110kms/3.5hrs).
- En-route enjoy a Spice Plantation tour. Embark on a journey to a spice plantation where you will be acquainted with numerous spices and plants of ious types.
- On arrival, check into your hotel.
- Post lunch proceed for an Elephant ride in Thekkady. Later, attend Kathakali dance / Kalaripayattu performance.
- The rest of the evening is at leisure to walk through the bustling spice market in the Kumily village.
- Overnight in Thekkady.
Day 5 : Thekkady - Alleppey
- Today morning after breakfast Proceed to Alleppey,
- Known as the Venice of the East. On arrival check into a Traditional Houseboat of Kerala Style.
- Cruise through the back waters is the fabulous way to explore the fascinating beauty of backwaters.
- While cruising in these floating luxury-villas, let your eyes settle for the rare and the unusual - skim past Chinese fishing nets, bowed-down paddy fields, and local inhabitants engaged in making coir products, rustic homes, and ancient temples and swaying coconut groves.
- Check in time 01:00 pm at pallathuruthy, Allapuzha Checkout time 09:00 am next morning After check in ,houseboat will start cruising along the backwaters and will later anchor for lunch for about 45 minutes to one hour.
- After restarting the cruise will stop at various places and anchor near the banks by 05:30 pm for the night. After serving dinner,the service will end for the day by 10:00 pm. By 08:00 am next morniing, breakfast will be served after which the houseboat will head back to jetty.
- Stay overnight in the Houseboat
Day 6 : Alleppey - Kovalam
- Have breakfast and then check out from the houseboat by 09.00 AM.
- Later, proceed to Kovalam. Kovalam is an internationally famous beach town located near Trivandrum, the capital city of Kerala state.
- Check in at a beautiful beach resort at Kovalam upon arrival.
- Spend rest of the day at leisure at the beautiful sandy beaches. or From Alleppey drive to Kanyakumari (260kms/6-7hrs). Visit Vivekanda Rock & Thiruvalluvar Statue by boat. (Last ferry leaves at 1600hrs).
- Later in the evening witness the sunset.
- Drive back to Kovalam (90kms/2.5hrs).
- Overnight stay will be at the Hotel/Resort.
Day 7 : Trivandrum - Departure Transfer to Airport
- Post breakfast, visit Padmanabaswamy Temple fro Outside (Non-Hindus are not allowed inside the temple).
- Later explore Trivandrum/Kovalam.
- Checkout from hotel & transfer to Trivandrum Airport & drop in time to catch your flight.
Package Payment Policy :
- 100% of the package cost to be paid in Advance to guarantee the rooms & vehicle.
Package Cancellation Policy :
- Before 30 day from the tour date - 95% refund
- Before 15 days from the tour date - 50% refund
- Within 7 days from the tour date - No refund